Monday, 21 November 2011

Day 16: Back in the game!

Weight today: 54,9 kg (121 lbs)
Goal weight: 55,2 kg (reached 06/11/11)
Change: -0,3kg (0,7 lbs)

After a bit of a rough beginning, my Consolidation Phase has continued quite nicely. During the past weekend, I ate some sweets and cheese crisps as a celebration meal, and guess what: it didn’t ruin my weight loss! In fact, I have been able to return to the figures I had before taking a bit of a setback.
So it seems to me that stating the rules clearly (which I did last Friday) has helped. Maybe this Consolidation thing can work after all…
Tomorrow, I am going to have my weekly pure protein day, so we’ll see how things go. Until further notice, I leave you with the menu of the day…

Menu of the Day:
  • 2 slices of lingonberry rye bread with 9% processed cheese and yellow pepper 
  • Beef with hot salsa and vegetable sauce (rocket leaves, onion, green pepper, tomatoes) 
  • Fat-free cottage cheese (about 1dl ) 
  • Apple crumble (second half of the batch I made last night) 
  • 5 sugar-free licorice pastilles (hardly worth mentioning, but here goes anyway…) 
  • 2 cups of black coffee 
  • 3 small chicken breast pieces in a low fat coconut curry sauce (with onion & yellow pepper) 
  • 3 wafer-thin slices of chicken 
Exercise:
  • Cycling to work (15 minutes; 3km) 
  • Cycling to the evening school (15 minutes; 3km) 
  • Cycling from the school to the grocery store (10 minutes; 1,5km) 
  • Cycling home (10 minutes; 1,5km) 
Total exercise: 50 minutes cycling, 9km (=5,6 miles)

P.S. We got our first snow today... I guess winter is really upon us! I'm hoping we won't get the -25C temperatures we've had in the last couple of years... My electricity bill would soar!

4 comments:

  1. Great job getting not only back down to your goal weight but even below it!!
    My attack day ended up not being an attack day, but tomorrow it is back on track for me!!
    How's cycling in the snow??? where do you live??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know how the PP day went ... if it is even rougher after the "looser" rules of Consolidation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SlimC: Thank you!
    Cycling in the snow is quite interesting... Very slippery, so you must go way slower than usually. I live in one of the Scandinavian countries :)

    Moonday:
    I will update tomorrow! PP is hard, but I just managed to resist having any bites of the brownie cookies I made for my work colleagues tomorrow... I can stay strong for the rest of the evening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Melly-Sue -- you're doing fantastic! :) My weight is up a bit, but I'm hoping to finish strong (I have about two weeks left of Consolidation)...

    ReplyDelete