Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Day 10: Losing the weekend weight!

Weight today: 56,9 kg (125,4 lbs)
Goal weight: 55,2 kg (reached 06/11/11)
Change: +1,7kg (3,7 lbs)

The past weekend affected my diet in a nasty way, but I am slowly getting back on track again. I saw some friends I had not seen in a long time and went on a mini holiday with them. I had a blast, but my weight went up as a result… Hardly surprising after all the cocktails and delicious dining, but still very frustrating.  

I am heading towards the right direction though – on Monday morning, my weight was 57,2 kg and this morning, it was down to 56,9 kg. It isn’t a significant loss, but I am happy for it. Truth be told, my weight might have been lower had I not noticed the small cube of Parmigiana Reggiano cheese in my fridge last night… I need to get a grip again!

Today, I have been on a PP diet. I think I may have another PP day tomorrow just to ensure I am back on track. And, regarding cheese: my plan is to just buy the low-fat (9%) cheese that I don't quite love. Clearly I cannot be trusted with full fat cheese yet…  Or maybe ever. We’ll see.

Menu of the Day (PP, planning ahead):
- Fat-free natural yoghurt with rhubarb vanilla yoghurt and oat bran
- 2 cups of black coffee
- Chicken pieces with fat free cottage cheese and some sesame seeds
- Grilled chicken breast and fat free cottage cheese

- 1 small cheesecake cupcake
- 1 cup of rooibos tea

P.S. I just read in the news that the sweetener stevia will be legal in the EU from December onwards! I am not really familiar with it except for seeing it mentioned on some American Dukan recipes. I really want to try it, because according to my understanding, stevia's sweetness is not temperature-bound so it retains its sweetness after baking as well. It does sound a bit too good to be true though... 

4 comments:

  1. Ive heard good things about Stevia too - i know you can buy the plant but I haven't seen the sweetener anywhere yet but am looking out for it! maybe just buy the grated parmesan? then a little goes along way, if I grate or curl it myself I end up eating alot more than if I used the powdery stuff...just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your before-and-after pictures -- wow wow wow! You look amazing -- very happy & beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very, very excited about being able to uise Stevia again ... I miss it since I don't have access to it anymore. It's great, and tastes WAY better than other sweeteners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find Stevia quite a strange sweetener... it's very very sweet in a kind of artificial way, but is from a plant?!?! We can get it in NZ but it's very expensive for such a small jar, but in saying that, you don't need much of it, so that's good.

    I can't be trusted with chocolate in the house I've decided, even raisins are a bit of a risk. If I know it's there, it's very hard to get that thought out of my brain until I'm eating it... Sigh. Even cooking chocolate isn't safe...

    ReplyDelete