Friday, 18 November 2011

Day 13: Grabbing Consolidation by the Horns!

Weight today: 56,7 kg (125 lbs)
Goal weight: 55,2 kg (reached 06/11/11)
Change: +1,5 kg (3,3 lbs)

My weight is still above my goal weight… There has been little movement towards my goal weight, but we are just talking about 1,5kg here. I shouldn’t really worry – or should I?

Yesterday, I was browsing the web for more information about the Consolidation Phase and I found this article. I read it before starting the Consolidation but forgot about it completely later on.

Anyway, the article states that for the first half of the phase, the dieter should have 1 serving of starchy products a week AND just 1 celebration meal a week. This piece of information escaped me beforehand. I thought I was allowed to have 2 celebration meals and 2 servings of starchy products a week, as suggested by some websites.

Knowing this has made me more optimistic about my success in this diet.

Here is my very own Consolidation Phase plan:
  
PER DAY:
  • 2 tbsp. Oat Bran
  • Vegetables (artichoke, asparagus, aubergine, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, celery, chicory, courgette, cucumber, fennel, French beans, leeks, mushrooms, onion, peppers, pumpkin, radish, salad leaves, sorrel, soya beans, spinach, swede, swiss chard, tomatoes, turnip)
  • Meat (max. 10% fat beef, veal, rabbit; chicken, turkey, ham, fish, eggs)
  • Dairy Products (less than 5% fat)
  • 1 Fruit (apple, berries, melon, grapefruit, kiwi, peach, pear, nectarine, mango)
  • 2 Slices of Wholegrain Bread
  • 40g of Cheese (and I must not exceed this!!!)
  • Sauces and spices: vinegar, mustard, spices, herbs, garlic, onion spice, lemon juice, sugar free ketchup, sugar free chewing gum.
PER WEEK:
  • 220g Starchy Side (wholegrain pasta, brown rice, couscous, beans, lentils)
  • 1 Celebration Meal (anything!)
  • 1 Serving of Pork / Lamb
  • 1 Pure Protein Day (Tuesday)
 EXERCISE:
  • Weekdays: 30 minutes cycling to work and back (Total 6km = 3,7 miles)
  • Weekends: 30 minutes walk
  • Walk / cycle instead of driving or taking the bus!

1 comment:

  1. Your plan sounds great, Melly-Sue -- keep up the awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete