Sunday, 20 November 2011

Apple Crumble Consolidation Style

I was craving apple crumble and when I failed to find a proper Dukan recipe for it, I decided to try it out on my own. This is what I came up with... Enjoy - I sure did! ;-)

Ingredients:
2 apples
2 tbsp. vanilla quark (or just regular quark + vanilla extract)
1 dl oatbran
1 teasp. cinnamon
½ teasp. ginger
25g butter *
½ dl sweetener

  1. Pre-heat the oven: 225C / 435F. 
  2. Peel the apples and slice them. Spread them out evenly in an oven-proof dish.
  3. In a small bowl, melt the butter.
  4. Mix the oatbran, quark, cinnamon, ginger and sweetener with the butter.
  5. Spread the mixture on top of the apples.
  6. Bake for 10-15 minutes (until the crumble is golden brown).
  7. Sprinkle some more sweetener and cinnamon on top if needed.

* I used butter because I don't have an alternative... I have not managed to find any alternatives in my country. But, if you used fat-free quark (as I did) then surely the butter won't hurt much... Fingers crossed! ;-)


Before baking...

After baking. Doesn't look very delicious, but trust me, it is!!!

2 comments:

  1. looks great - me and charlotte did experiment with rhubarb crumbled a few months ago - well worth the effort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhubarb crumble sounds yummy, too!!! I love rhubarb, especially with fresh strawberries... Yum!

    ReplyDelete