Sunday, 12 April 2015

Three years and a Master's degree later... Third diet cycle begins!

Weight today: 62kg (137 lbs / 9st. 11 lbs)
Goal weight: 55kg (121 lbs / 8st. 9 lbs)
Change: +7kg (15 lbs)

It's been about three years since I last updated this blog and, perhaps needless to say, a lot of things have happened during the time. I have undertaken a Master's degree, completed and passed it, and moved in with my boyfriend. And during this time, I have let my weight slide.

However, I acknowledged it was going to happen. My stress levels have been really, really high, so I allowed myself to gain some. But now, it's all over... Time to return to normality.

So, this will be my third Dukan cycle. My starting point (62kg) is much less than it was on the first (74kg in April 2010) or second time around (67kg in July 2011), which is a positive thing, but I need to commit to the diet all the same. 

And so, today was the first day of the third diet cycle. According to the Dukan website, my true weight is 55.4kg (but I've made the goal a round number of 55kg / 121 lbs / 8st 9 lbs), and I can reach it in the begining of June, if I just stick with it. This works well, as my sister's graduation party is on 30 May and I'd like to look my best then, so while I might not be quite at the end of the diet, I should be close :)

So here is the forecast schedule:

Attack Phase: Three days, -1.1 kg (from 12 to 14 April)
Cruise Phase: 46 days, -5.5 kg (expected finish on 2 June)
Consolidation: 66 days (expected finish 6 August)

To make things easier, I have made a detailed eating plan for the Attack Phase. I've looked up recipes and bought food accordingly.

And now that the day is coming to an end, I can report that this has been my menu for the day:

Breakfast: Oatbran pancake with splenda, cinnamon and cardamom + 2 cups of black coffee
Lunch: 1 egg plus 2 egg whites scrambled with cream cheese, chives and smoked salmon
Snacks: 125g fat-free natural yogurt
Dinner: 1 sandwich steak with 1 tbspoon cream cheese
Snacks: 2 slices low-low processed cheese (a bit of a cheat with 11% fat), 50g roast turkey breast, 1 cup of herbal tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment