Sunday, 24 February 2013

15 months onwards...

Weight today: 57,4kg (126,5lbs)
Goal weight: 55,2kg (reached 06/11/11)
Change: +2,2kg (+4,8lbs)

Hello everyone, it has been a while! Happy New Year and all that jazz! 


I think it's time for me to give a brief update on where things are at the moment. As you can see from my current weight above, I am doing pretty well. I am a bit above my goal weight, but  it's not a great gain, so as long as I don't go up even more, I'm all good.  


Some of you might remember this, some might not, but in September 2011 I told you that I had been accepted to do an MA course in London. Well, after saving up for a year, I am happy to say that I was finally able to begin the course this January, and that's not all - I was awarded a scholarship towards my tuition fees! That has been a massive help, indeed, and I am so excited about my course you wouldn't believe. 

Returning to university has had its difficulties though, and I find my stress levels have increased. I work at my job for 32 hours a week, spend nine at university, and the rest of my time is dedicated to university work and occasional freelance translations. I find myself eating more and snacking more, and that's not all: my comfort eating has been partially induced by something bad that happened just a few weeks ago. On the first day of this month, someone broke into our house and my laptop was stolen. The burglary left me feeling a bit vulnerable, and yesterday, after someone brought it up, I felt defeated and ate a whole bag of crisps and sweets. Tut tut. 


After this episode, I decided to take action. I printed out my 'horror' photo from when I was big (the b&w photo on the linked page), posted it on my wall and wrote the following lines to the picture:

YOU DON'T WANT TO GO BACK, DO YOU??
77KG, APRIL 2009. YOU DESERVE BETTER. 
Hopefully that will help keep me on track, when temptations arise :-)

And now to something completely different. I am contemplating on what to do with this site. I have been pretty horrible at updating it lately, and as my dieting phase is over, I am thinking of stopping blogging altogether. Hmm. We'll see.


Anyway, I hope you guys have had a good weekend and a good start for the year!


UPDATE 13/04/13: I am alive and kicking, still within the same weight range! I have decided to stop updating this blog, but I will keep it open for those interested in my journey. Thanks for the ride, it's been amazing! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment