Sunday, 27 May 2012

Sunday brunch pancakes Consolidation style!

Happy Sunday everyone! Here's a little brunch recipe that is Consolidation friendly (if you leave out the apple, Cruise friendly too)! I hope you enjoy it! :-)

I found the pancake recipe a while ago, I am not sure who it belongs to, but if anyone knows, please let me know so I can give appropriate credit!

I had this as a brunch meal, as I woke up a bit late, oops! This recipe might seem carb heavy, but it includes the daily oat bran and fruit intake of Consolidation Phase. 
Oatbran pancake with chopped apple, fat free toffee yogurt, cinnamon and sweetener!
Ingredients (makes 1 pancake):
2 tablespoons natural yogurt (1,5% fat)
2 tablespoons oat bran
1 small egg
dash of salt (if desired)
dash of oil for frying

1 pot (120g) Weight Watchers fat free toffee yogurt (less carbs than in vanilla)
1 apple, chopped
cinnamon & sweetener (if desired)

Cooking:
  1. Peel and chop the apple. 
  2. Mix the natural yogurt, oat bran, egg and salt in a bowl. Stir well until smooth and thick.
  3. Oil and heat the pan. Test the temperature by dropping a drop of the batter on to the pan - if it sizzles, the pan is hot enough.
  4. Pour the pancake batter on the pan - give it time to fry and cook on the top side before flipping.
  5. Give the flipped side another minute or so on the pan.
  6. Place the pancake on a plate and add apples, cinnamon and sweetener, if desired. 
  7. Pour over the toffee yogurt as a custard, and voila, there you have it!
Nutrition value:

2 comments:

  1. Yummmm I love adding apples to my daily morning pancakes. Apples and cinnamon are just the best combination for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; apples, cinnamon and pancakes are the best! :-)
      By the way, I just found out that red apples have more carbs than green ones... Hmmm. I suppose I have to become a Granny Smith or a Jonagold girl from here on! :-)

      Delete