Weight today: 56,5kg (124,6 lbs)
Goal weight: 55,2kg (reached 06/11/2011)
Change: +1,3kg (2,9 lbs)
Call me stupid and shortsighted, but I am not very happy. I know I am a mere 1,3kg above my goal weight, but this also makes me 1,9kg (4,2 lbs) above where I was weight-wise five weeks ago. And you know what - this gain, although a minor one, has killed my self-confidence and my good feelings about the weight loss.
I know I should not look at the numbers so much and I should not let it get to me but this frustrates me even more when I know it is mostly my own fault; a few chips here and there, catching a cold and being home-bound as a result, and munching on some sugary sweets, too. It is like all my hard work is draining away - I used to lose 1,9kg in five weeks, and now I am gaining it in the same time.
Get a grip, Melly-Sue. Get a grip!
Since hitting consolidation I have been boomeranging between a 1-4 lbs gain. It's ok sweetie! Keep us posted and don't sweat it.
ReplyDeleteI can totally understand you ... but as you know, it doesn't make sense to destroy your self-confidence! Are you doing your all-protein Thursdays? You remember you have to do them for life, right???
ReplyDeleteHey! Thanks for the kind words... Weight-wise nothing has changed, I am still around the same area. Luckily the gain seems to have stopped, but we'll see what happens during the summer!
ReplyDeleteWith summer and sunshine, I am feeling a lot better about my weight loss, too. Wearing summer dresses and showing off a slimmer frame has made me feel so much happier and my self confidence is returning - along with my freckles! I think I might have to invest in a pair of bikinis, too! :)
Oh, and yes, I am doing the pure protein Tuesdays (I find Tuesdays easier than Thursdays) and am trying to reduce my portion side, which has grown due some confort-eating (tut-tut).
I feel like I am getting a grip ;)