Sunday, 30 October 2011

Cheesecake Cupcakes

I'd like to share a recipe for cheesecake cupcakes I made last night... They turned out so yummy that I just had to share.

I used this My Dukan Diet recipe as a base and modified it a little bit. This recipe makes about 15 small cupcakes.

Cream Cheese Base:
200g Philadelphia cream cheese
4 eggs
2 tbsp. 2% vanilla yoghurt
2dl sweetener
1 tbsp. lemon juice

Sour Cream Topping:
2dl fat free sour cream
2 tbsp. 2% vanilla yoghurt
2dl sweetener
1 tbsp. lemon juice

First I made the base for the cupcakes by mixing the cream cheese, the eggs, 2 tablespoons of vanilla yoghurt, lemon juice and 2dl of sweetener. The mixture was quite runny, but when in the oven it settled nicely. I baked the cupcakes at 175C for half an hour.

When I took the cakes out, I let them settle for a while and then added the sour cream topping. To make it, I mixed sour cream, 2dl of sweetener, 2 tablespoons of vanilla yoghurt and a dash of lemon juice. I divided the topping on the cakes and baked them in the oven for 5 more minutes.... and here is the result:

The Cheesecake Cupcakes.

The only downside of this recipe was that the cupcakes tend to stick to the paper cups I used. However, I'm not sure a proper muffin base would be good either. I suppose that the sticking to the cup thing is a little price to pay for these delicious Dukan-friendly cakes :-)

5 comments:

  1. They have to be so yummy!! I've cooked enough for one day, but will try them - Don't know if I'll find sour cream in Spain.. if not i'll look for an alternative!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Congrats on you loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also use quark - that's what the original recipe called for. I just didn't happen to have any in my fridge... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! I also get frustrated with Dukan friendly items sticking like crazy to paper cups! I think it's because there is no fat involved! I might try these in silicone muffin cups, when I make them :-)
    Did you use regular Philadelphia? Light? Extra light?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Philadelphia Light (11%)... Should've used Extra Light but the store I went to didn't have it... Oops :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find ALL muffins stick to the paper cups... I just use non-stick spray in my muffin tins now, seems to work better :-)

    ReplyDelete