Sunday, 6 November 2011

Consolidation Phase Begins! Day 1!

This morning, after 112 days of Cruising, I woke up to find my weight at 55,2kg (121,7 lbs).

When I started the diet 16 weeks ago on the 17th of July, I weighed 67kg (147,7 lbs). Now, I am 11,8kg (26 lbs!!!) lighter. I can't believe I've managed to do it and so quickly! The pace has been ridiculously fast, I have to say, but looking at my menus, I don't think I've done it wrong. Especially since I usually cheated on the 0-2% dairy rule almost every day.

But finally, I have the body I have always dreamed of! :-) I am at my true weight and my BMI is no longer 25,53 (overweight) but a healthy 21,03 (normal weight)!

Here is a weight loss graph I made about my progress. For some reason the lower axle ends before 100, but this is roughly how it's been:
Melly-Sue's weight loss: July 2011 - November 2011.


Today is the first day of the third phase of the diet, aka the Consolidation Phase. I have to say I am a bit concerned that I will just pile the pounds back on, but then again, I was very sceptical about the whole diet when I began it way back in July. We'll see how things start going - this phase should last 130 days, so wish me luck!

Yesterday, I went to the cinema to see the new Tintin film and allowed myself to have quite a lot of popcorn (hellooo butter flavour!) and 5 spoonfuls of Ben & Jerry's banana ice cream. That was my very first celebration meal and boy oh boy did it taste good :-)

This morning, I had bread for the first time in months and you know what? It didn't taste as good as I thought it would. I did enjoy it - to a degree - but it was a bit disappointing. I could not help but think what it was that made me crave bread so much during the early days of the Cruise phase. Eating it again was a bit of a disappointment, as it tasted a bit blunt and flavourless. I suppose it was the lack of butter, but I thought the cheese would suffice in giving it a nice tasty flavour. Oh well, it takes time to get used to it again, I guess.

Menu of the day (sounds like a lot but I had small servings...):
Breakfast:
- 2 toasted slices of full grain rye bread, 9% processed cheese, 1 hard boiled egg, 2 slices of turkey
- 1 cup of black coffee
Lunch:
- Beef/pork stew with onion, swede and carrots
- Mum's beetroot casserole (grated beetroot, sliced onion and a bit of Swiss cheese)
- Side salad with rocket leaves, red pepper, cucumber and balsamico vinegar
Tea:
- 15g of sugar free licorice pastilles... oops!
- 1 cup of black coffee
Dinner:
- Omelette with chicken breast and 1tbsp. cream cheese (1 egg, 2 egg whites)
- 1 cup of Rooibos tea

Also, I went to get a new haircut and colour on Friday. I really want to take some "after" photos and share them with you guys, but as I am with my parents now, it will have to wait until I have an access to my camera again. (Actually, I'd like this huge spot on my chin to clear out before any photos are taken... ;-) )

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, Melly-Sue! Yes, some before-and-after pictures are in order... :)

    I was worried, too, when I first started Consolidation -- but after being in it for a couple months, things are going pretty well (I'm currently 2 pounds above my goal weight -- which I can definitely live with). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Can't wait to see the pics!! Enjoy this phase and keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations abd PLEASE keep blogging about Consolidation ....!!! How was Tintin???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys! :-) I will update tonight on my progress.

    P.S. Tintin was amazing - at times it looked so real I forgot it was an animation! Also, it was loaded with carefully crafted adult jokes... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - Brilliant news- what an achievement. My favorite comment of yours was 'finally I have the body I always dreamed of' SO pleased for you :@)

    ReplyDelete