Saturday, 10 September 2011

Day 56 & 57: Menu for yesterday + Some great news!

Truth be told, for the last week, I haven't been obeying the diet as religiously as I have in the weeks before it. Ever since my hangover day it has been somewhat hard to jump back on the Dukan wagon again. I have grown a little bored with the foods I have cooked, and I have had more carb cravings than I usually do.

I bought some sugar-free licorice pastilles (only a 25g packet that includes  about 35 tiny pastilles) and I have had 1-3 pastilles per day to satisfy my craving of sweets. Maybe that isn't the smartest idea (while considering the fact that I have always been a bit of a candy junkie), but the amount of carbs I get from these pastilles is about 1-4g per day.

The menu for yesterday was (P+V):
- 1 chocolate oatbran muffin
- 200g of fat-free cottage cheese
- chicken salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes and some light paprika-curry dressing (cheating again with the dressing -
- beef stew with onion
- 5 slices of 5% processed cheese (I should probably reduce my intake of cheese... but I love it!)

Today, I will start by having the last of the chocolate muffins and enjoy a cup of black coffee.

Also; it's not as though I think I'm doing badly on the diet - I have not made a huge relapse, I am still in the 50's, and I am not worried about losing the remaining pounds. What I think I will do is see if the upcoming week brings on a change - if not, I might start my consolidation phase a bit earlier than I originally planned.

Now... For the "personal" section of this post. I'd like to share some fantastic news with you! I graduated from university with a BA degree a year ago, and I have taken a year off to gain some work experience and to think of what I want to do with my life. I have always loved films, writing, and the arts, so I decided to apply for an MA course in Screenwriting. And; I got in!!! I will be starting the course in London in January 2012. I am over the moon!

Also, my birthday is on Monday, so a small celebration is planned for tonight... :-)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Screenwriting sounds very exciting and challenging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- congratulations, Melly-Sue!! You have a lot of celebrating to do this weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That sounds like a great path to take!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all, for your kind comments! <3

    ReplyDelete