Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Day 54: My name is Melly-Sue and I'm a comfort eater.

I seem to be developing a bit of a pattern here: all of a sudden my weight drops significantly (case in point; from 60,3kg to 59,1kg overnight) and then I gradually get a bit of it back (59,4kg, 59,6kg and 59,7kg). Hopefully, another drop is to be expected, although with all I have eaten today, I doubt it.

I have been lost in my thoughts quite a lot during the past few days, which is probably why I have been eating a bit more than normally. It is nothing alarming, just general thoughts on where my life is going and what I'm going to do with myself. There are a few things that I know I want to do for certain but I don't quite know how to go about pursuing them. I suppose I have to gamble a little bit (in the sense that I try what I think is the right thing to do) and see what happens.

Without further adieu, here is the menu of this P+V day:
Breakfast: Natural yoghurt with cinnamon and oat bran
Lunch: Ground beef & vegetable casserole
Snack 1: 4 slices of processed 5% cheese
Snack 2: Salad leaves and seasoned chicken with 1tsp. curry sauce (oops)
Dinner: riced cauliflower with beef stew.

I know I have eaten a lot of food, but I suppose I have been comfort eating... I don't think I am particularly stressed (in fact, I feel quite happy at the moment), but I suppose the slight uncertainty of future events is enough to trigger comfort eating. Note to self: find a way to stop it. This is going to be my biggest obstacle when trying to maintain my goal weight (if I ever get there!).

P.S. RIP to the Russian ice hockey team Lokomotiv Jaroslavl! Such an unnecessary tragedy! :-(

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I am TOTALLY an emotional eater -- and I don't do well with uncertainty either. That's one reason why I really like this diet; when I pig out, it's usually (or used to be) on carbs. It's much harder for me to pig out on proteins & veggies... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a study of things that trigger emotional eating, there are included: stress and happiness, weight gain AND weight loss on the scale! Not only "bad" news, also good news can trigger emotional eating ...just like Vicki, uncertainty for me is hell! Give me good news or bad news, but NOT uncertainty!

    ReplyDelete