Sunday, 14 August 2011

1 month on the diet; Day 30

1 month on the Dukan; -4,3 kg. (9,5 lbs)
That's an average of 1 kg per week, which is an OK speed I think. Naturally I am a bit unhappy that it the loss isn't rapid, but I suppose the fact that something's been happening is a good sign. Last time I did the diet I lost 5 kg within the first month, so I am within the same numbers this time.

Here is an overview of my progress so far:
Attack Phase (2 days): - 1,6 kg (3,5 lbs)
Cruise Phase (28 days and counting): - 2,7 kg (6 lbs)

Unfortunately, the halt continues. I have made no progress in the past seven days. I am disappointed... and a bit puzzled as to what to do.

Clogged drains: I find myself a bit "clogged", and I haven't had a "number two" since Friday afternoon. This is probably a major contribution to the lack of progress...
Exercise: Maybe I am not doing enough and should increase exercise. I cycle to work on weekdays (6 km altogether), but perhaps I should add a walk of 20-30 minutes to my daily routine.
Dairy products: Just today, I saw that the 'cooking' section of MyDukanDiet states that during the Cruise Phase, dairy products should have a fat content of 2% or below. I have been using products with a fat content of 5% or lower (as you are instructed to do in the Attack Phase), so maybe I should reduce the "fat percentage". And that would mean... farewell to cheese for now, sigh! :-(

1 comment:

  1. Losing 1 kg a week is awesome -- congrats on your progress thus far! :)

    Yeah, dairy is a weight-loss killer for me -- particularly cheese. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete