Today has been... Hard. I have felt out of energy and just - tired. Work is quite demanding at the moment, I have had to spend the whole day translating. Combining work and dieting is hard, obviously because the energy levels are significantly lower and I am having hardly any carbs. However, the end results will be so worth it :-)
One reason why I am feeling a bit tired is because I have been forced to do more exercise than the programme recommends. On the average, I should go for a walk of 20-30 minutes every day depending on if I am having a protein only day or protein and veg day. However, there are a few things that require me to do more physical activity.
First of all, I live alone and I don't have a car, so if I go shopping I have to cycle or walk all the way. Also, the same applies for work trips, and for them, I cycle 6,5 km every day. Even if I wanted to, I can't really limit this because I have no other option but to either cycle or walk to work.
Second of all, for this week, I am looking after my work colleague's dog, which requires me to take three short walks a day. I don't mind, I actually love dogs, but the walks, no matter how short, still add to my tiresomeness.
I don't think many people have this problem though, quite the opposite actually, and thus, some of you probably think "oh why is she complaining". The thing is - if I do too much exercise, the diet might not work properly.
But, there are some good news too; I went to the grocery store today and bought some 2% cottage cheese. I have always loved cheese but always thought that cottage cheese tasted like... poo. Now, I bought the packet and had some... And it was yummy!!!! I think that is going to be my comfort food from now on.
Also, I found a recipe for a Dukan mayonnaise that is basically a mixture of whipped egg whites, bit of Dijon mustard and cottage cheese. I'm gonna try that tonight I think...
So finally, here is my menu for the day:
- Apple yoghurt (fat content 2%)
- 0,5 l of Coca Cola Zero
- 2 cups of coffee (black)
- 1 ½ grilled pork chops with seasoning
- 8 turkey meatballs (made with oat grain, eggs, ground turkey, seasoning)
- cottage cheese :-)
- 2 egg yolks (fried without oil --> the egg whites were used for Dukan mayonnaise)
No comments:
Post a Comment