Thursday, 28 July 2011

Dukan Diet, Day 12

Day 12 of my diet and Day 2 of my periods. The result; my weight is where it was yesterday. I will follow Moonday's good example and refrain from moaning about it.

Today has been a pure protein day, and I find I am starting to get bored with some of the foods I have been eating lately. For lunch, I had some cottage cheese and some left over salmon from yesterday and the cottage cheese tasted - disgusting. I think it was affected by the fish, which I found equally undesirable. I struggled to eat, but made myself do it - other than that, I only had 2 turkey slices and a tiny yogurt pot with me at work.

Now, I am making some spicy chicken wings (without the skin). They were on sale in the supermarket, however, their coating is low fat. Also, I never eat the skin anyway, so I will have no problem peeling that off.

I am also making a spinach quiche now for lunch tomorrow (I've added some leek to it and I'm making it with turkey instead of ham)... and I have to resist the urge to eat it straight away! Also, I think I'm going to add a little bit of grated Swiss cheese (5% fat) on top of it... What a gorgeous Friday meal, methinks! :-) If I manage to pull it off I will take a picture and post my version of the recipe here.

Here is my menu of the day:
- Apple yogurt (2% fat) with 1½ tbsp. oat grains (breakfast)
- 2 cups of black coffee
- 2 turkey slices
- 1 yogurt pot (snack)
- Grilled salmon and cottage cheese (lunch)
- Hot chicken wings (dinner)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha ... here in Italy you would basically get arrested for mixing dairy (cottage cheese) with salmon (fish) [they do let you get away with other crimes, though - but in terms of food, they have no humor;-)]!
    So I think you are on to something when you say that possibly the mixture wasn't all that fortunate!

    ReplyDelete