Sunday, 17 July 2011

Dukan Diet begins... Again!

When I started university in 2007, I weighed 60kg. Now, inspired by a DailyMail article, I want to continue my weight loss journey.

I began with the Dukan diet last year and managed to slim down from 73kg (160,9 lbs) to 68kg (149,9 lbs). Now, I weigh 67kg (147,7 lbs), so I have managed to keep the weight off. I am still a bit short of my goal of 60kg (132 lbs), so... I am going back on the Dukan diet because it worked for me before.

So, today... Dukan diet cycle #2 begins!

I am going to be on "attack phase" for 2-3 days, eating just protein. What I bought from the grocery store today was some chicken breast, eggs, lean ground beef and reduced fat herbs cream cheese (with very few carbs). As I suffer from lactose intolerance, I have to be very strict which dairy products I purchase, so that is why I didn't buy any yoghurt - yet.

This has been my menu for the day:

- 1 boiled egg (with a little bit salt)
- 4 chicken breasts, fried in a pan (with just a tiny hint of olive oil, excess wiped with a kitchen towel)
- 5 lean beef meatballs made with 2 eggs and misc. spices (seasoned with herbs de provence, salt, pepper mix, onion powder and paprika)
- 5 turkey slices (meant for a sandwich)
- 2 cups of black coffee
- lots of water
- 1 glass of sugar free soda

Starting weight: 67,0 kg (147,7 lbs)

Tomorrow, I am thinking of having a fried egg for breakfast (without fat, of course... I prefer fried eggs to boiled ones) and then, as I am working, 5 lean meetballs that were left over today for lunch. Also, after work I will go and purchase some more food, including some yoghurt and chewing gum, for a smelly breath is an unfortunate side-effect of the diet.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment