First of all; thank you for your encouraging messages Moonday, Vicki and SlimC. Your comments really lifted my spirits :-)
This weekend has been great. To be honest though, I was feeling so low on Friday that the only way I could go was upwards. To put it simply: this break up has been the toughest one I've ever experienced, and I will continue to feel down about it for a while.
However, I discovered that there is one thing that makes life at this point a lot easier...
Shopping.
I think this is quite evident. Carrie from Sex and the City said "enter no store until emotionally stable" and that applies to me as well - I spent so much money that I'm pretty skint now. But, it was so worth it. The fact that I can fit into smaller sizes made me really happy. I bought a black top, a bra and some earrings.
Also, I spent an evening with friends and drank some alcohol... Which is probably why my weight was down to 55,5kg this morning. My weight always goes down after drinking alcohol but it usually pops right back up (because it's just dehydration). Anyhow, I am back on target. I can do it.
One more week of dieting and then I'm done. I can do this! I can do this! I can do this!
Finally, here is the menu of my day:
- 5 slices of 5% processed cheese
- 5 slices of turkey
- 1 cup of rooibos tea
- Beef stew and mixed vegetables (carrot, swede, cauliflower, onion)
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (cheat!)
I know I haven't eaten a lot today, but you know... a day after drinking ;-P
So happy to hear you had a great weekend -- you deserved it! :)
ReplyDeleteShopping ... yes! So true! Shopping while emotionally stable? Much less fun! I never find anything when I am emotionally stable, not even books.
ReplyDeleteThe other day I was down in the dumps and went and bought 4 pairs of shoes ... for my 4 and a half year old daughter!!! Hey, you can't feel guilty for doing something good for somebody else, and the beauty is that at that age the size of their feet actually change!!! :-)
But I am with you: broke for the rest of the month!
Keep your spirits up, and your credit cards hidden!