Monday, 29 August 2011

Ding-dong, the Troll is... Gone!

So the curse of the Diet Troll has been beat... well, until next month anyway. I am back on the losing streak and boy-oh-boy; it feels good to be back.

The scale was at 60,5 kg (133,8 lbs) this morning. That is 0,2 kg (0,4 lbs) less than on Monday last week, but I am happy to be "losing" again. I am so close to being under the 60kg mark - when I break that boundary I am probably going to cry!!!

For five years, I have wanted to return to the weight I had way back in 2006. I am starting to feel like this person I am transforming to is the person I really am. This is the person I want to be. I never want to be that "knocking on obese girl" I was two years ago. Never, never, never, again!

Thanks to Dukan, I have lost 11,5kg in the past two years (5kg in 2010, 6,5kg now). With that in mind, I'm posting a "before" photo. This is what I looked back in March 2009 with a weight of 77 kg (170 lbs). When I first started Dukan, I weighed 74 kg (163 lbs), which is 3 kg (7 lbs) less than in this photo, but still quite heavy (for my height anyway).

I have used this unflattering photo as an inspiration for my weight loss. Whenever I have been feeling like I can't do it anymore, I have taken one look at this photo and decided that I can and will continue.
March 2009.
"After" photos shall follow in about a few months... Hopefully ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Melly-Sue, I must say that when I first saw the photo you posted above, I thought it was your "After" picture, because you look fantastic (although I know you feel it is unflattering).

    I guess it just means that you look that much more amazing now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki, for the nice comments! :-)

    I suppose part of it is in my head, but my BMI was close to 30 when this picture was taken. And, knowing that my recommended weight for a person of my height (162cm) is around 55kg, that 77kg was way too heavy...

    But I suppose this picture also brings on some bad memories. I was in a bad place mentally at that time, and I resolved into eating constantly. Whether it was Ben and Jerry's ice cream, Haribo sweets or cheesy crisps, I was always snacking... and it showed. :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought this was an "after" foto ... as it is stunning! You are beautiful in it! Your hair looks great, your dress is really pretty ... and your body does not look "obese" at all.

    But I understand that being in a bad place mentally makes you look at it with different eyes!
    Just remember that we are our own worst critic. Not only when it comes to weight, but also in other things!

    Congratulations on your amazing success!!! And do post an after picture...!!!

    ReplyDelete